2015-04-07

Scenery work

Over the Easter weekend, I decided to tackle some of my scenery. In particular, the covered helix between East Glacier Park and Browning. T put the hard shell down quite some time ago, possibly a year or two, however, no greenery or anything :-(.

Before starting, I needed to complete the colouring of the rock-work that I have put there, as well as in other areas of the layout. This involved the leopard spotting technique show on the Woodland Scenic's web site. I used "Yellow Ochre", "Burnt Umber" and plain old "India Ink". I am very happy with the outcome which can be seen below.

It was then over to adding some greenery. As per a YouTube video from Model Railroader, I bought some cheap brown paint, putting it down on the shell, then a coating of white glue and then Woodland scenic's fine "Burnt Grass". I also added some medium grass of various colours. Our local store currently does not have various clump foliage or foliage clusters, so I can not put down any bushes yet, so the scene is not complete yet. However, below are some photos.

The end of a very productive weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment