2014-04-22

Scenery update and one Helix covered

There has been lots of work done on the layout since the last post, however, just not documented in this Blog unfortunately. I really must try to update the blog more regularly. There is too much to write and show in this one post, so they will be spread out over the next couple of posts which I will do in quick succession hopefully.

Well, I have been doing some of the scenery on various parts of the layout. The one helix on the visible staging side of the layout has now been covered. This has been a long time coming.

I basically covered it with Chicken wire and then newspaper draped over the wire before cloth was placed on top and covered in RhinoGLIDE. RhinoGLIDE is a product used for covering wall joints and is very smooth with no stones or grit like that in RhinoLITE. To give it the earth colour, I add yellowy/brown pigmentation.

Below is the hardshell covering. Just needs grass and trees now.



Then over at Columbia Falls, I have put in the commuter station and the base for the grain silos. I have also put in some roads connecting the two. I again used RhinoGLIDE to contour from the plywood base up to the road edge as well as the station parking etcetera. Again, what I now need to do is scenery.

Again, below are some photos: -

Here is the commuter station. This will not be an Amtrak stop but the RDC commuter between Whitefish and East Glacier Park will stop here.

This is the same area, but looking over the commuter station towards the small grain silos.

No comments:

Post a Comment