2013-01-04

Progress to date 04-01-13

Oh wow,

I popped into my blog yesterday knowing I have been lazy in posting, but I am sure you can imagine my amazement when I see my last post was just short of a year ago which was February 2012!!! What have I been doing :-(

Well I can say I have not been sitting on my posterior. There has been quite a bit of progress on the layout, not just in operations but also scenery and track-work. The siding at West Glacier has been put in together with 1 industry spur, as well as a couple of industry spurs at East Glacier Park. This has added tremendously to my operations.

In October last year, I had a layout visit from members of the club I belong to called EMRIG (East Rand model rail-road interest group). I must say there was a burst of energy to get the layout prepared for that visit LOL.

I have also started small scale operations. It took me quite some time to design my Car Cards and Weigh-bills  Also deciding on industry names and the like which is still being developed. Suffice to say, I am now having tremendous fun switching and my brother and I had a semi formal operating session last Sunday operating just the through freights and resultant local freights.

So... I will hopefully start making more regular posts again and hopefully not leave it for a year. I will be sending a second post after this one giving an overview of the trains on my "Whitefish Subdivision". So, stay tuned for further updates.